Saturday 5 February 2011

Off topic

Just for a change of scenery I offered to help John Bennett with a couple of items for his Bacup route.

The first was an attempt to transfer one of John's sketchup models into Railworks using an import script I found for 3ds max. The importer worked fine, but then I had to tidy the model up a bit followed by renaming to RW standards.

Also took the opportunity to add night textures, stencil shadows, smoke and waterscenery effects.



John also asked if I could use one of his watercolours as a basis for a Burton the Tailors shop.



A generation ago these were on every High Street and all had distinctive "Art Deco" facias. On a personal note, at one time I used to do alot of business with Burtons and visited their Leeds HQ on many an occassion, but that was in a former life:)

Anyway, I gave it a try and with a bit of artisitic licence, came up with the following.

No comments:

Post a Comment