Sunday 8 May 2011

Bogie Woes

Moving on to the bogie goods vehicles, I found Chris had made a really nice freight bogie, which I thought need a couple of small additions to complete it. Don't know what went wrong but when I rendered the finished item the normals were a total mess and I decided it was easier to start afresh than try to fix the model.

Consequently, I began modelling a new bogie using the same blueprints that Chris had used, but struggled to get the model to look right.


It took me best part of a day before I realised that both endviews were upside down! Hardly surprising I couldn't make sense of it all. So, as a result of my own foul up, my re-build meant I actually ended up with a more accurate model.

Here's the completed bogie ready for me to start on the bodywork.

No comments:

Post a Comment