Wednesday 28 April 2010

Match Truck

After a bit of a struggle with the blueprints, I have my first piece of rolling stock in the game. It is really annoying when the blueprints use the same word (geometry) to mean three different things.

Anyway, problem solved and here is the match truck that will be needed to go with the travelling crane.



Still needs alot of work. Rivetting detail to be added, and a LOD to take them away again when viewed at a distance. Tweak the textures which are too bright, as they always seem to be in RW when you use bump mapping!

Also, the wagon won't couple up yet which is disappointing, as I wanted to see how the wagon would work with the coupling on the bogie, rather than the body, as is the norm. Additionally the truck has a tendency to roll along the track for no apparent reason what-so-ever, but I've seen that in other people's wagons, so hopefully someone has resolved the problem?

Apart from that, I'm happy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment